Cambustion develops and manufactures high value scientific instrumentation used globally for environmental and automotive research. As our business expands, we need additional software skills for both new developments and existing projects.
The successful candidate will work within a small multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists, developing and maintaining software and tools supplied with our products.
Required skills / experience
- Commercial object-orientated multi-threaded programming competence in C++ and C#.
- User interface design and development experience.
- Version control competence using Git.
- Experience with comms programming using a variety of protocols including Ethernet & CAN.
- Ability to document code design clearly.
- Familiarity with GraphQL, Electron, Python, LabView.
- Writing code to run measurement systems and instrumentation.
- Experience of interfacing with hardware.
- Programming embedded systems (including real-time).
- A flexible approach to changing requirements.
- Creating software specifications from real-world user requirements.
Salary + Benefits
£35k depending on skills and experience.
+ Profit share (variable, but typically 10% of salary in recent years)**
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (full time equivalent)
- Workplace pension
- Income protection insurance
- Death in service benefit
- Cycle to work scheme
Cambustion’s scientific instrumentation products are sold globally. Key markets include China, USA and Europe, with 85% of sales outside the UK. The customer base includes a broad mix of industry, university and government research institutions. Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, the company is privately owned, with over 30 years of steady growth. We invest heavily in R&D and continue to develop new and existing product ranges.
For more company information visit www.cambustion.com/company/about.
Send a C.V. and covering letter to Mrs Julie Jones at email@example.com.